Are you trying to build muscle and burn fat, but not getting the desired results even after months of effort? Then, you might benefit from prohormone supplements. These supplements can give you the extra push you need to achieve greater strength, muscle growth, and definition.
What Do Prohormones Do?
Prohormones are precursors to hormones that can be converted into active hormones in the body.
They are performance-enhancing supplements popular among bodybuilders, powerlifters, and other athletes of all levels to help speed up the process of increasing muscle, enhancing strength, burning fat, and boosting energy.
However, prohormone supplementation can be confusing, especially for new users. There are different prohormones for different objectives and endless stacks and combinations.
Use this information to help you decide which prohormone is right for you.
Choosing the Best Prohormone for You
Prohormones are a tool that can support your training and physique goals. If you are a fitness competitor or spend much of your time in the gym, you likely know that prohormones help increase muscle mass, strength, and endurance.
The prohormones you decide to use can deliver more significant results in a shorter period of time than training without these dietary supplements.
Prohormones for Mass
If your objective is to increase strength, muscle growth, and overall performance, consider prohormones that boost testosterone levels. These prohormones have become popular among gymgoers looking to maximize their gains.
Take a look at these options to support your muscle mass:
- 1-Androsterone. Simply known as “andro,” androstenedione is a prohormone that helps increase the production of the hormone testosterone, but does not convert into estrogen. It acts as a precursor to other powerful hormones and is widely used by fitness enthusiasts for its muscle-building properties. One of the most popular 1-Andro bulking prohormone supplements is 1-AD by Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals for revolutionary weight gains, minimal water retention, and low estrogen conversion.
- Epiandrosterone. Epi-Andro, as it is called, is derived from the male hormone DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone). It acts as a powerful prohormone that can help boost muscle mass, strength, and endurance. Whether you are a bodybuilder looking to compete, a guy looking to get back to your prime, or an average gymgoer looking to improve your physique, this supplement may help.
- 4-Andro. Also known as 4-Androsterone or 4-DHEA, this prohormone delivers a high conversion rate to testosterone. Boosting testosterone levels enhances anabolic processes, leading to better muscle growth and more effective workouts. The main benefit of 4-Andro is its ability to increase the mass and strength of your muscles. 4-Andro can also improve recovery and muscle soreness and repair damaged muscle tissue. All this allows you to engage in more intense and frequent training sessions.
Getting lean and shredded is a popular goal. The best prohormones for cutting provide the nutrients to create a chiseled, well-defined appearance without concerns about water retention and bloating.
- 1-Andro. Not only does 1-Andro boost testosterone concentrations and increase muscle mass, but it can also help to reduce body fat. As a result, 1-Andro promotes a leaner, more defined physique. In fact, while many individuals believe they should supplement with a bulking prohormone and a cutting supplement, androsterone supports both goals. Studies suggest that it is possible to burn body fat while building lean muscle tissue with 1-Andro.
- Epi-Andro. Also with dual benefits, Epi-Andro is used in both cutting and bulking cycles. It is a prohormone that supports maintaining lean muscle mass while burning fat.
- Arimistane. Although not considered a “true” prohormone, Arimistane helps lower estrogen levels while boosting testosterone. This can be beneficial for getting cut without losing muscle mass from a drop in calories or intense training. Armistane is often used in a stack with prohormones and for Post Cycle Therapy.
Stacking and Cycling of Prohormones
Prohormones can also be stacked to maximize their effectiveness, meaning they can be combined with other prohormones and supplements. For example, a common stack for muscle gains pairs 4-Andro with 1-Andro or Epiandrosterone.
Just as vital to optimizing your training is post-cycle therapy (PCT). PCT should follow every prohormone cycle. This allows the body to properly recover, normalize hormone levels, and return to hormonal balance after prohormone use. In addition, time off from the prohormone helps restore and optimize your liver function and helps decrease any toxic issues without reducing the usefulness of the prohormone.
If you’ve never taken a prohormone before, it’s highly recommended to start with a low dosage and slowly increase it each week.
The Bottom Line
Prohormones are one of the most potent muscle builders and cutting supplements around. However, choosing the best prohormone for you can be a little tricky. Take some time to do your research, review the label, read all the product details, and only buy prohormones for sale from a trusted retailer.
When you’re ready to invest in your physical well-being and include prohormones or supplements in your daily routine, Black Diamond Supplements (BDS) should be your first stop. We are happy to provide guidance and answer your questions. Whether your goal is muscle size and strength or cutting a lean body, we have products and stacks to meet your needs.