If you need a raise in energy to power through your gym session, pre-workout can give you just that. There are a variety of pre-workouts on the market. Each kind has its own ingredient profile and delivery method. Pre-workouts can help you achieve your fitness goals, and certain pre-workout supplements could have positive benefits for your growth hormone levels.
Let’s dive into how pre-workouts affect growth hormones and how you can find one that supports your goals.
What is the Human Growth Hormone?
Human growth hormone (HGH) is a naturally-occurring hormone that plays a critical role in human development. Growth hormone can help you build muscle, and muscle, in turn, increases your HGH levels. It shapes body composition by regulating fat and muscle production. Maintaining proper HGH levels helps you build muscle and repair vital tissues.
Human growth hormone can:
- Help the body heal after an injury
- Support post-workout muscle recovery
- Promote healthy brain, heart, and other organ tissue
- Increase metabolic rate
- Help you burn fat
- Slow down the aging process
- Increase bone density
- Sharpen your focus
- Support heart and kidney health, if taken correctly
HGH is a popular supplement choice for athletes and bodybuilders who want to change their body composition and increase endurance.
Growth Hormone and Pre-Workouts
Maintaining appropriate hormone levels is key to reaching your fitness goals. If you’re wondering how pre-workouts affect growth hormone levels, there are a few things you need to consider:
- Pre-workouts are typically used to enhance athletic performance
- Each pre-workout has a unique formula and different ingredients
- Certain pre-workouts contain ingredients that support proper growth hormone levels
- High-quality pre-workouts support muscle growth, endurance, and post-workout recovery
Are Pre-Workouts Bad for Growth Hormones?
If you’ve spent any time in bodybuilding forums or researching pre-workouts online, you’ve probably come across this question:
“Do pre-workouts stunt growth?”
The short answer is: No. Most pre-workout ingredients actually have positive effects on growth hormone levels. That’s because popular pre-workouts often contain muscle-building, recovery-aiding ingredients like BCAAs, creatine, Citrulline Malate, vitamin B12, and more.
Many pre-workouts on the market also contain some amount of energy-boosting caffeine. Research shows that caffeine doesn’t have a negative impact on human growth, but it can impact certain hormone levels, like cortisol. An increase in cortisol can lead to increase body fat and fatigue.
When it comes to pre-workouts, it’s best to be mindful of your caffeine intake. If you use caffeinated pre-workouts, try limiting caffeine intake throughout the day, so you get the maximum benefits without the risk of hormonal imbalances.
Pre-workout can be an incredibly important part of building and maintaining strong muscles. It comes down to the ingredients you choose. When you’re building a new physique, it’s practically impossible to consume all the nutrients you need from food alone. A high-quality pre-workout delivers the performance-enhancing nutrition you need to power through your workout.
Some pre-workout ingredients can help you push limits, break plateaus and complete those last few reps. This extra push allows your body to challenge your existing muscle fibers and build new ones. In addition, as you increase your muscle mass, you also increase your body’s natural growth hormone levels, supporting your overall fitness goals.
Choosing the Right Pre-Workout for Muscle Growth
The right pre-workout ingredients will fuel your workout and support your body’s natural growth hormone production. If you’re looking for a pre-workout to support muscle mass and aid recovery, there are some essential ingredients to look for:
- BCAAs: bonded-chain amino acids support post-workout recovery and reduce muscle soreness. These essential acids are essential for muscle growth too.
- Beta-Alanine: This potent ingredient reduces exercise fatigue and increases endurance. It’s an antioxidant with anti-aging properties that can support your natural growth hormone levels.
- Citrulline: this ingredient improves athletic performance, increases mental clarity, and decreases muscle weakness.
- Nitrate: it can power your workouts by boosting muscle contractile efficiency. This effect improves endurance and helps you build stronger, denser muscle mass.
- Taurine: this performance-boosting ingredient reduces muscle fatigue so you can lift heavy and increase reps. A taurine-containing pre-workout can replenish the taurine stores that are depleted from fast twitch muscle fibers during workouts.
Here are our top pre-workout picks that have positive effects on growth hormone levels:
Top Pre-Workouts for Growth Hormone Levels
Push your limits with a premium pre-workout. Shop Black Diamond Supplements’s selection of high-quality pre-workout ingredients that support proper growth hormone levels. Need help? Our experienced and knowledgeable team members can help you find the best pre-workout for your needs.